Friday, February 24, 2012

First Friday - White Fish Risotto



I saw a recipe for white fish risotto on one of my regular blogs and thought, "Why not?"  Since it is the first Friday of Lent, I wanted to start out with something a little special.  This appealed to me because we everything I needed for the recipe already in the house! 

First I needed to make the fish stock.  It was easier than it sounds since I had snapper throat in the freezer. 

The risotto was as simple as risotto can be.  As long as you have everything to hand when you start, you can't go wrong.  It's flavored with orange (both zest and juice) and it was a light and delicate flavor.   I made the recipe just as listed except I cut the butter back a bit.  My only "do-over" is that I would have reserved a couple of slices of orange (similar to the photo) and some minced parsley (which went in the stock) to decorate the top of the dish, it was so white!

 This dish was fantastic!  Every single one from youngest to Dear Hubby asked for seconds. Try it for yourself and let me know what you think. 


Photo credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment