Monday, July 9, 2012

Summertime - Album 1

Very shortly after my last post on very short hair, the Littles, Pepper and I took off for Idaho and a visit to my folks.  Life has been a whirlwind ever since.  So rather than try to catch up, I offer you the first in a series of photo albums.

Our decorated car; somehow it makes all the hours in it more bearable.


The first time we got out the camera was this wonderful park in Springfield, Colorado.  We had a little scare driving up because I noticed a man following me and he pulled up right behind me at the park.  Turns out he was the local Church of Christ pastor and a former Texan.  He was super friendly and it was fun to meet him.

The park had a truly fantastic playscape but all our kids wanted to do was drive the tractor.   Here's The Blitz!   Look at that smile!





I'm pretty sure this is a pronghorn antelope, a truly native American species.  We saw a million in north-central Colorado and southern Wyoming

This is my great-nephew Indigo in Broomfield Colorado.  He'll be moving home to Texas soon!

This is his amazing daddy, Justin.

And his beautiful mommy, Juliette, with some of our gang.  We had a fun picnic in the backyard.

Pepper and Hannah.  Did I mention that we took Hannah along on our vacation?  And that we had to leave Sunshine at home to play ball?

This is our "new" house in Boulder, Colorado on Findley Way.  My parents built this house, I think in 1966.  

That tree in the front yard is HUGE!  But dad's brick walkway and the hedges are gone.

This is the "old" house on 31st Street.  The crabapple tree is there but the white picket fence is missing.  It's getting a bit ramshackle after all these years.


Some scenes from Northern Colorado

A fantastic play stop in Laramie, Wyoming.  
What follows are the good times in the car!




More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment