Friday, September 9, 2011

Family Funnies

They crack me up sometimes.  Recently I am driving down the road thinking "aloud" about all I have to do.

Tinker pipes up,
"Who you talking to Mama?" 
"Who do you think I'm talking to?"
"You talkin' to Chanelle?"
"Sure."
"Nooooo.  You talking to yo-SELF!"

 She's smarter than she looks.  Just kidding.  I said that for Mamaw.  Don't send me hate mail.

 The Blitz was sitting on my lap as we visited Grandma (recouping from hip replacement) and her sister, Aunt Ruth.  He scooted forward and accidentally tooted, loudly.   I said, "Oh, my, Bennie.  Excuse me!"  

He smiled and said, "Es-scuse me."

Five minutes later, he giggled and said, "Momma, I have an 'excuse me' in my pull-up."

In the same visit, he pretended Grandma's sitting room is an aquarium and there were fish swimming all around us.  Some were in his back and in his pocket.  He kept throwing them to Grandma.  He also has an imaginary friend named "girlfriend."

He has also begun opera singing.  So far I can't catch it on tape.  He sings loudly and heartily and then says, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

He also inexplicably knows his colors and can count to 5. I'm not taking credit for either of these -- I think he has picked them up in me working with the other two.

I love two-year olds.  The fits are worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment