Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Gracias!

I've lived in Texas a long time so there is quite a bit of Spanish mixed into my vocabulary. Obviously,  I want the kids to know Spanish, so I am sharing my meager knowledge figuring we will have a plan for formal learning later.

Yesterday I was rushing around trying to get supper on the table and of course everyone under 4 feet tall seemed to be under my two feet the whole time.  The Captain was entertaining everyone with a paper airplane Grandma made him on Monday.  Finally I said, "Can you please fly your airplane outside the kitchen?"

"Okay, Mama."  Out he went with his two followers.

"Gracias," I said.

He smiled.

"Do you know what 'gracias' means?" I queried.

"It means 'Get out of my kitchen!'"

Okay.  We'll leave it at that for now!

1 comment: