You gotta give the people what they want!
Herb and Butter Dreena-Roni
Serves 8 - 156 calories
1/4 lb. angel hair - broken into pieces of 1" or less
1-1/2 cups medium grain rice
1/4 cup butter - melt it in a LARGE skillet
- gently brown the rice and angel hair in the skillet until lightly browned
2 cloves garlic
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
- Mash all this together with a mortar and pestle or crush the herbs in your hands and stir together
- Add the herbs to the rice
- Add chicken broth slowly, 1 cup at a time, bringing it to a boil each time
- Stir gently as you add the broth
- Once all the broth is in, put the lid on tightly, turn the heat all the way down and simmer 20 minutes.
* If you don't have chicken broth, you can crush 2 chicken bouillon cubes with the spices, but go easy on the salt.
For a full nutritional breakdown, I have recorded the recipe on SparkPeople.