Thursday, March 1, 2012

My First Blog Award

Months ago, my friend and fellow homeschooler, Becky of Becky's World, named my blog a Liebster Blog.   The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word meaning ‘dear, sweet, kind, nice, good, beloved, lovely, kindly, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.’   I was so honored to have Becky apply these terms to my blog.  Thank you, Becky!

While my blog is a mostly informal story of our family life, Becky's is a thoughtful and challenging blog about the day's issues as seen through the eyes of the mother of 9.  Becky always gives me something to ponder.  I hope you will not only check out her blog, but "follow" it as well.  

To keep this award going, those who have received it pass it along to new deserving blogs of her (or his) choice. The recipient must then recognize five other bloggers with less than 200 followers that have really stood out in the crowd.
The rules for the Liebster Award are:
1. Thank the person who gave the award and link back to their blog.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know!
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog post.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love too!
  I read a lot of blogs, so narrowing this list to five was challenging. That's why it took me so long to "accept" the award!  My 5 Liebster Blog pics are:
Bohnenhase is a truly excellent blog.  The author, Mokiko, lives in Frankfurt, Germany and she creates the most amazing bentos.  She also posts beautiful photos not only of her bento creations but of all sorts.

Moment by Moment is written by a retired teacher, Jimmy Earl.  I just adore him.  He is often very evoking and always honest.  Reading Jimmy's blog is like getting a letter from a friend.

Lovely Shades of Green is written by a mother of two. I like this simple blog of a creative young woman.  Well, I secretly want to be her, but hey, who wouldn't?  I think she will be surprised to get this award because I am a "lurker" on her blog!

Watkins Every Style Beans is fast becoming one of my favorites!  This is one innovative, energetic young mother.  Her spirit is so evident in her posts and though she is about half my age, I learn from her every day.
Finally, a treasure of a blog and very unique is Long Live the Weeds.  This young woman with a master's in English converses with her readers about  poetry.  I love poetry, I am intrigued by her selections and I love her reviews.

Please take time to check out all these blogs and see if there is anything here that speaks to you.  There were so many blogs I would love to nominate but I tried to give you some diversity and I limited my selection to blogs with frequent posts.  I hope you will check out and follow some of these wonderful blogs.  Enjoy!
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the award!

    Oh, and I love the lilypad pancakes... we may have to make some of those one of these days (though it obviously won't be on leap day)

    ReplyDelete