Monday, January 16, 2012

I Have to Sit Down, Bladder Brain and Other Mommy Maladies

I am tired.  There, I said it.  This week has taken it out of me.  It seems that half a day at Sunshine's audition on Saturday, a full day and evening of cooking/serving for the youth group on Sunday and then today's "regular" day of cleaning the house for hours -- and it is messier than when I started -- and I am whipped!  I have decided it's a "Mommy Malady" called "I Need to Sit Down" and, after a week like this, I've earned a few hours on my bum!

I also have a serious case of "bladder brain."  I am already potty trained but The Blitz isn't, and every 30 to 45 minutes an alarm goes off in my brain and I cannot rest until that boy takes a brief sit on the potty seat.  He is making good progress; but still doesn't take the initiative.  He holds on until I tell him it's time. I dozed off this afternoon while sitting in the rocker and woke up with a jolt when the bladder brain alarm rang.  It's kinda funny, hunny. 

My last malady is a strange foot disorder I am calling "Freaky Feet."  I am getting rolling muscle spasms in my feet.  It is driving me crazy.  It starts late afternoon (or earlier) and does not stop until I sleep.  I suspect it has to do with being on my feet all day, but I'm not sure.  I went to the internet doctor and have determined that I can't possibly be short on calcium or magnesium; I get so much of both.  It may be a B vitamin deficiency (B1, B5 and B6 to be exact) though that would also be surprising, given how much poultry, eggs and leafy greens I consume.  It could be a case of dehydration, although that seems unlikely too.  For now, I'm "treating" it with vitamins and a lot of water.  Oddly,I don't have "Freaky Feet" tonight for the first time in weeks.  And I did get 10 hours of sleep last night.  Well, maybe 8-1/2.  So maybe the actual cause is that other Mommy Malady, "Sleep Deprivation."

Okay, enough whining.  I've got laundry to fold!

No comments:

Post a Comment